The months just keep flying by! You are a very mobile baby now. You crawl everywhere, get into everything and you get especially excited when you find something you know you shouldn’t play with. Wearing leg warmers or pants is a necessity these days with all of the crawling you do. Some bruises even showed up on your knees and legs after crawling on grandma and grandpa’s hardwood floors all weekend. You make tons of cute noises and I’m not sure if anything of them can be counted as words yet. It’s funny how most of the sounds you make go up in pitch as if you’re asking a question – Like “oh really? You don’t say?” You say “dadadadada” quite often. The only time you say “mamamamama” is when you crying or upset. One of my favorite sounds you make is when you go “OH yeah.” You also say “uh-oh” and “dog.” Dog may be the one that you actually attach meaning to. When we say “where is the dog?” you look right at Poncho. You are definitely an animal-lover like your parents. We are still working on getting you to sign to us. I know you will do it soon and we just have to keep teaching you and be patient. You did go through a phase where you were afraid of men, but you seem to be over it now. In fact, you are very social with everybody – even complete strangers. You smile your squinty-eyed smile for everyone. When we go to the grocery store, people all around us say “Oh, what a happy girl. Is she always so happy?” I simply reply, “She’s a pretty happy girl.” In addition to crawling, you’ve also learned how to stand and “furniture walk.” You even stood all by yourself at grandma and grandpa’s. You got out of your chair on the deck, held out your arms to me, and stood completely unassisted. It was amazing and made me so proud. Another activity you enjoy is taking things out of something and/or putting things in something. If you find a box of toys or a basket of clothes, you sit there and grab each thing one by one and put it behind you. You also like to point your finger at people. When your daddy or I get home from work and walk into the room, you point to us and smile. Right now I’m on temporary unemployment and am able to spend the next 5 weeks with you. We’ve been having so much fun sleeping in, nursing whenever you want, going to play groups, going grocery shopping, taking walks, going out of town to visit grandma and grandpa, going out to eat with daddy, the list goes on and on. I love having you as my little sidekick everywhere I go.
10 Month Stats
Walking: Not yet
Current Clothes Size: 12-18 month
Favorite Toy: Always changing. You like things that make noise and love to play the game where you drop something and have us pick it up. Over and over.
Hair: Finally starting to fill in. And YES. It is still RED :)
Clothes Change/DIaper Change: STILL hate it
Favorite Shows: Pocoyo, Early Bloomers, Wonder Pets
Kiddie Pool: Need One
While cleaning out my desk at work today I found the following note:
Things to ask @ next appt:
*Short of breath when I lay down
*Is it true I shouldn’t lie on my back after 16 weeks?
*Should I lift things
Typically I’m a throw-everything-away-because-I-hate-clutter type of person. But since becoming a mom, I’ve found that every little thing I find that has a connection to my pregnancy or labor is something I can’t throw away. Although my pregnancy wasn’t the most comfortable time of my life, I love remembering the anticipation and the excitement of the unknown. I love thinking about the person that I was then and the person I am now. Any scribble that brings me back to the pre-Berkley days will definitely find it’s way to her keepsake box. I can just picture her going through it someday. There is no doubt she’ll be able to tell how much we cherished her before she even entered this world.
I’m coming up on my last week of work before I take a 5-week temporary layoff. AND I could not be more ready for it! Five weeks seems like a long time, yet I know it won’t seem long enough. We have so many plans for my time off, there’s no way we’ll get to them all. But here’s a “short” list of what we hope to do:
- Go to Tanganyika Zoo. It’s this awesome zoo that lets you interact with the animals. So excited!
- Take a family camping trip. We’ll probably go to Perry Lake. My husband is super excited about this one.
- Spruce up the backyard. This has been on our to-do list since we moved in, but now we have some motivation: our upcoming birthday party for a 1-year-old!
- Make everything for/get everything ready for the big birthday party. This one needs a list all it’s own.
- Learn how to sew. Courtesy of my wonderful mother. We have SEW many projects we are planning :)
- Take my baby swimming for the first time. If it’s warm enough.
- Work on my Christmas scrapbook. My parents got us a pre-made scrapbook for Christmas photos and I haven’t gotten around to adding photos to it yet.
- Baby-proof. I’ve learned that this one is kind of ongoing, but there are still some important baby-proof items that need installed – like the cabinet and door latches.
- Paint/update the half bath downstairs. Another project I’ve needed to do since we’ve moved in. A new coat of paint, a cabinet and a few other small things should perk it right up!
- Practice the fiddle. By the time my break is over, I will have mastered Old MacDonald.
- Go on dates. Hopefully we get several date nights in and continue to make time for them even when I return back to work.
And of course we will have other things that will be going on like family visiting from out of state, a wedding, house-sitting for a friend, Mother’s Day and who knows what else. I have been telling everyone I think I’ll be busier on my lay-off than when I’m working and now that I’ve written it all out, it is proving to be true. I know it will fly by, but I’m going to do my best to savor every bit of my freedom for 5 weeks. I won’t have to be somewhere by 7:30 am everyday. I won’t have to be glued to a computer for 8 hours. I’ll be able to cuddle my baby any time of the day. And for those weeks I can pretend like I don’t need a job and get a real feel of the “stay-at-home mom life.” Because hey, who wouldn’t want to spend every minute with this little punkin? :)